Thursday, October 25, 2007

Siberia

This is one of my favorite pics that I have taken here. This is at the 860 year anniversary concert we went to at Victory park.














These are some of my third grade boys on
field trip to the park. Pasha is the blonde,
Robert is laughing, and Ivan is looking
confused as usual


This is what we call a Russian can opener.
It was invented by Dana Hollis when she really
wanted to eat some pineapples and discovered
there was no can opener


I just learned how to add pics. So I will work on perfecting it later. I have hundreds more but I can only put a few at a time on here.

So my students never cease to amaze me and make me laugh. I thought I would share a few stories:

I was having a private lesson with Leo yesterday and we were talking about horses for some reason. (Leo is in 4th grade) Then he told me that his grandfather has horses. So I asked him if he has ever ridden one and he said no. I asked him where his grandfather lived and how long it took to get there. He said "Well, I don't know in car but in plane, about 3 hours." I went on to ask him does he live in Siberia or something. Leo says, "Yes, he does! He is the president of Siberia." Um I don't think that he used this word correctly because Siberia is technically part of Russia but I still understood what he meant. He meant that his grandfather pretty much runs Siberia. I was amazed to say the least.

Then there is Nastya. She is in the 8th grade and yesterday was our first private lesson together. I found out that her father sells airplanes. Thats all she knew about his business. And she went to the Beyonce concert last week that I really wanted to go to but couldn't find out how to get tickets. I am going to really enjoy her because I can talk to her normally! Yea!

The kids are all great this week. Its been wonderful. Even my normally bad ones have been pretty good. But I think we are all ready for fall break.

Thanks for all the encouraging comments. I really love them and love you guys!! I'll be home in less than 2 months so get ready!!

(Mel, my email has changed to ringlets1985@yahoo.com. I need to give you updated flight info.)

No comments: