Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Parents and Teachers and Kids

So yesterday I was teaching my 4th graders about Thanksgiving. We did an activity about what we are thankful for. Their answers literally cracked me up. Here are few examples: I'm thankful for: my money, my parents, my brain, that my parents don't spoil me, my house, my friends, my pets, my car, etc. My favorites were that my parents don't spoil me and money.

I was reading from my wonderful book that my parents sent me and I thought I would share one of my favorite quotes about teachers.

The teacher is engaged, not simply in the training of the individual, but in the formation of the proper social life. I believe that every teacher should realize the dignity of his calling, that he is a social servant set apart for the maintenance of proper social order and the securing of the right social growth. I believe that in this way the teacher always is the prophet of the true God and the usherer in of the true kingom of God. -John Dewey

No comments: