Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Sovereignty

Sovereignt:y...I love knowing at the end of the day that the Lord is sovereign. Of course it is good that He is good, loving, merciful, full of grace, and so much more. But as I am preparing to leave for Russia in a few days, I cannot express to you how comforting it is to know that the Lord is sovereign!



A few scriptures that I read today and just love...

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes...

Romans 10:14-15 How thenwill they call on Him in whom they have not believed? How will they believe in Him whom they have not heard? And how wil they hear without a preacher? How will they preach unles they are sent? Just as it is written, HOW BEAUTIFUL ARE THE FEET OF THOSE WHO BRING GOOD NEWS OF GOOD THINGS!



Prayers:

Everyday- Not to get to completeing overwhelmed as I am preparing to leave in a few days.
Spiritually- That I will continue to learn what it is to surrender to the Lord everyday and how to live that.
Goals- To make it to Russia and begin making friends, learning the language, and serve the Lord.

7 comments:

Marlene said...

Hey Dana -
Thanks for being so awesome. You humble me as a parent! You also increase my prayer life with all your adventures. I will be talking to the Lord ALOT over the next two years! I love you....Mom
"Sing like nobody's listening, Dance like no ones around!"

vicki said...

Dana, you are a very special girl.It is very special to feel God is giving you a special task. I believe he uses as his hand on Earth, and you are doing that. You be careful and remember we love you. Aunt Vicki

Patsy said...

Dana:

So glad to see that you are so faithful and willing to serve God, wherever He leads you!

I will be praying for you!

Love,
Patsy

Emily said...

Hi Dana, thanks for sending me your blog link! I will add it to my list of blogs to read, so you better update it a lot! ;) We didn't know you were moving overseas - are you going as a Jman? What's taking you to Russia? Can't wait to hear more!

terryann said...

Dana,

What a blessing it is to see you obeying God. It is our job to glorify and enjoy Him forever. You've got the glorified part down now just enjoy Him in Russia. I love you and am so proud of you. You are continually in my prayers.

Aunt Terry

Delaney said...

Well Dana what can I say?! You are amazingly awesomely cool and a BEAUTIFUL young lady! Well older than me that is! You have really beena blessing my life and I cannot believe you have the chance to be in Russia and to know that you have family and friends at home thinking about you all the time and praying for you! I am so glad that you got to babysit for us and stay at our house! You are such a wonderful person and I cannot wait to see you again to see what you have seen and done in Russia! Make sure and change peoples lives while you are there and ALLWAYS keep us in your mind! I Love you so much and you have a great time in Russia!

~Delaney!

Karla said...

Hey Dana Mae-
I know you will be a tremendous blessing to all those you come in contact with while in Russia and the blessings you receive in return will be just as amazing. I look forward to reading about all of your adventures. Love Ya, Karla
"You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did." James 2:22