Monday, March 10, 2008

Videos

So I am going to attempt to show you some videos. I have never tried it so I'm not really sure how it works.

This past week/weekend Russians celebrate Mazlenitsa. It is a celebration to say goodbye to the winter and welcome spring. They had a special celebration for teachers. They of course had traditional Russian dances, blini, and outdoor games.

So this first video is of me sledding down a hill that the kids made at school during the celebration. It used to be about twice as wide, long, and high. But since most days are above freezing now, it is beginning to melt away. I was watching the other teachers do it and they kept falling down the sides! It was about as tall as I am. So I was trying my best to stay atop and not fall!

Here is another. We also had Women's Day on Saturday and therefore got today off of work! So this video is of the guy teachers singing to us. They did a whole little show for us. It was great!

Here is another Mazlenitsa celebration video. They were doing another one of their traditional dances.

I hope you enjoyed them! I will try to do some more again later!

No comments: