Saturday, May 16, 2009

Because this is Russia...

Only in Russia...
Yesterday I was on the metro heading to Metropolis mall to buy cake mix and icing and gifts for Elizabeth's bridal shower today. I paid about $8 for the cake mix and about $5 per tub of icing. Only in Russia...
Well if you look on the metro map, this mall is only about 2 cm away but on the dark green line, and I am on the purple line. Both about 5 or more stops from the center on the brown line. Well I decided to try to grab a gypsy cab (where you put your arm out and a random person picks you up.) I have done it a million times. Well no one would take me! I know there is construction around there but seriously. So I had to take the metro and it was about a 45 minute ride to go what would be 5-10 in a car. Only in Russia...
Also on this metro ride I saw some interesting things. This man got on, he looked in his 60's, tall, patchy, unkept gray/ black beard, crazy grey/black hair and super thick glasses. Ok you are thinking nothing is weird right. Well he is holding this clear/green bucket with holes in it and a lid. What is in the bucket you ask... WHITE MICE! Yes, he was carrying a bucket of white mice in the metro! Only in Russia...
Last Monday we had the day off of work and it was the only day in the last 15 that hasn't been raining. So we headed out to Tsaritsena park to see all the beautiful tulips (a separate post later). Well this is what we saw while at the park.

Only in Russia...

Oh and there were some of these too.

No comments: