Thursday, June 25, 2009

Ballets

We have had the wonderful opportunity to go to 3 ballets the last 2 and a half weeks. When we were in St. Petersburg we went to Mariinsky Theater and saw Don Quiote. It was truly amazing! I have never seen such great technique and people flying through the air. Then in Moscow we saw Giselle at the Bolshoi Theater. It was also good but a bit of a sad story. My friend Tania went with us to that show and then she ended up getting us free tickets to another show. So the next day we went to a smaller theater and saw Cinderella. It was great too.

Sara, me, Laura and Allyson on our way to see Cinderella. We came out all wearing blue. Sorry the pic is a little blurry.
Sara and I in front of the theater
This was a cool statue sort of thing in the entry way of the theater.
me and Tania, again blurry for some reason
Sara and I about to go in
Here is Tania and I in front of the Bolshoi theater
a little closer

Sara and I infront of the Bolshoi
a pic of the inside of the Bolshoi
The outside of the Mariisnksy theater in St. Petersburg
Sara and I about to go in and see Don QuioteSome costumes at the Mariinsky. Swan Lake, Juliet, and Giselle
This is where the Tsars used to sit when they would come to the theater
more of the Mariinsky theater, this is where they currently send their best ballerinas
It was such a fun cultural experience of me and Sara. And great entertainment!

No comments: